Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Year in Review 2014 pt. 3

July:
  • Wyatt found the Lord of the Rings Pez dispenser set at Walmart today. He pointed directly at Gandalf and said, "Mommy!" Thanks kid.
  • So... There's a made up story I used to tell Lincoln when he was little in order to get him to eat his bread crusts. Today he was recounting "memories" from the story during lunch.
  • Ana and Jessa playing with mermaid dolls... 
    Jessa: mom, I want lunch. 
    Ana: we don't eat lunch in the depths of the sea.
  • Me: girls, why don't you come sit by the pool with us instead of on the porch? 
    Lincoln: yeah, don't be so obvious!
  • We're going to a birthday party this week and I let my kids choose gifts for their friend: a "decorate your own" mug, a toothbrush, mini tongs, and rubberbands. Should be fun to see what their friend thinks of the gift.

September:
  • I'm eating breakfast and Jessa says, "Hey! You're not supposed to eat breakfast!" 
    Me: Why not? 
    Jessa: You're a mom!
  • Lincoln to me: I didn't recognize you in that picture because your butt was so fat....
October:
·        Lincoln wrote a note to Jessa:  You are the 3rd best ever.  I love you!
November:
  • I gave Wyatt a carrot, and he observed, "Yellow, cold, sword."
  • Lincoln : Why do I have to go to school? My birthday was yesterday. 
  • Watching the Broncos game, Lincoln asks about one of the players, "is that Taylor Swift?"
    Um. No. Taylor Swift doesn't play football sweetie. We're obviously not into pop culture at our house. I honestly don't even know how he knows her name.
  • Looking at a homemade bead necklace, Lincoln says, "Did you get this at Kay?"  Me, "Kay?"  Lincoln, "Yeah, from the ads."  Me, "Um. no."
  • 2nd quarter. Broncos are up 17 to 0 and Lincoln says, "oh man. They're going to lose. I can feel it." Guess who got sent straight to bed.

December:
  • I pooped with Wyatt in the bathroom. When I was done, he wanted to flush it. Before he did, his commentary went like this: poop! Big poop! Nice!
  • Wyatt jumped off the full sized trampoline (maybe fell?), stood up and said, "CRAZY!" and walked away.
  • I just learned that when Wyatt wants you to wake up he pinches your nose and wiggles it while yelling "wake up!" at you.
  • Ana says: I can count by 5's! Then she counted to 100 perfectly. Then continued 105, 200, 205, 300, 305, 400.....
  • Lincoln's Baptism. The first thing he said after being baptized - That was awesome! I'm glad I brought dry underwear because free-balling in church pants doesn't seem like a good idea.
  • Me: what's your favorite Christmas song? 
    Jessa: once there was a snowman!
  • Jessa is coloring. I said, "try to stay in the lines." Wyatt yelled, "LIONS! AMAL (animal)!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog